Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rouen!

I went to Rouen today with Mathilde-- she drove us there. SO much better and cheaper than traveling by train, at least for that distance. It was nearly impossible to find a parking spot, but we did, and had a lovely day despite the cold. I had a steak hache with Roquefort sauce for lunch and saw some swans, which is enough to make any day happy. Rouen is where Joan of Arc was imprisoned and burned at the stake; we saw both locations. Notre Dame de Rouen is freaking enormous! The town was so beautiful, so ancient. Most of those Medieval houses are still being used for businesses and housing, which is what I like to see. I'd rather them be that way than for them to be used as untouchable museums.

About Valentine's Day: I gave out Fun Dip Valentines to everyone in my class on Friday. Madame Ozouf, one of my professors, thought that was awesome. She said, "C'est adorable! Je t'embrasse!" and she kissed me on both cheeks in French tradition. How sweet is that? She's so sweet. My classmates loved the Valentines, but as they were Fun Dips they had no idea how to eat them, so I demonstrated so they'd be able to eat them. I hadn't realized until then what a bizarre candy it is.

Also, dear friends, I have been craving Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

No comments: